Mapping the Display Ad-Serving Process
• A user is browsing to a website. The site loads with all its content and an Ad Slot is ready for an Ad display.
• The publisher’s web page is calling on the Supply Side Platform (SSP) to check and confirm what the placement’s requirements are. It verifies the data of the placement (specifications, cookie information, site info, geo etc.).
• It is important to understand that this portion of reviewing all data is one of the crucial factors which are reviewed before the auction. The value of user (cookie information and segmentation of the user) is what makes the final decision to how valuable it is for the bid to be higher.
• The publisher at this point awaits the final call to the Ad server –where his Ad Slot will go into auction.
• The auction is built with all inventory providers offering their bids (along with the DSP). The bidder provides the correct choice for the publisher, when choosing a high bid (which ultimately meets the user’s profile) in order to win the auction.
• The Demand Side Platform (DSP) reviews the content to be set and make the appropriate decision on what Ad should be placed based on the available media. The publisher at this point has finalized the loading of the page and awaits the final auction to be set on the page.
• The SSP, based on all the data provided by all – has chosen the final winner (by financially reviewing the auction and the higher bid).
• The Ad is sent and presented on the publisher’s page for the user’s engagement.