Backend Team Leader
About The Position
A global cyber security start-up company is looking for a Backend Team lead to join our R&D department.
You will lead a team, in charge of a cloud-native (AWS based), high-scale, high-availability, big-data platform, processing billions of messages per day.
- build, train, and manage the team.
- design micro-services and APIs, using state-of-the-art technologies and architectures.
- be influential in strategic design and technological decisions, as well methodologies and best-practices.
- participate in the design of solutions that process data at high scale, while addressing concerns such as throughput, reliability, and cost.
- work with data-streaming tools, databases, AWS services, and support a variety of clients: mobile, web, and machine-learning.
- work with data-scientists and security-analysts to design and implement sophisticated cyber-security algorithms
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience of backend development. The position is hands-on!
- At least 4 years of managing teams.
- Experience in designing big-data systems, achieving high-scale and high-availability while observing considerations such as throughput, latency, cost, and maintainability.
- Experience in microservices architecture.
- Experience designing APIs.
- Experience with relevant technologies: databases and data-processing frameworks, either open-source or AWS.
- Experience with relevant data-platform architectures, development methodologies, and tools.
- Experience with testing tools and methodologies (unit-testing, integration-testing, continuous-integration).
- Experience addressing operational concerns: monitoring, deployments, configuration management.
- Ability to lead and mentor developers, with an emphasis on productivity, quality and reducing software entropy.
- Experience managing offshore teams- an advantage