About The Position
GeoEdge is the premier provider of ad verification and transparency solutions for the online and mobile advertising ecosystem.
We ensure high ad quality and verify that sites and apps offer a clean, safe, and engaging user experience.
GeoEdge is seeking an Account Director to lead our business in Japan, who’s ready to make a difference in the fast-growing AdTech Security space in this territory.
With proven experience managing existing clients and creating a new pipeline, you will be an individual contributor responsible for expanding and growing the company's market share in Japan.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be our first employee in Japan and operate fully independently while wearing multiple hats – maintaining our existing clients, expanding our pipeline and developing marketing strategies
- Develop a sales strategy and business plan for generating revenue through mid-tier and premium web publishers, app developers and media companies.
- Communicate GeoEdge’s value proposition, technology, processes, and partnerships to prospects, existing customers and other industry players
- Establish long-term relationships while developing an understanding of the client’s strategic goals
- Educate and train customers about their setup, new functionalities and best practices
- Deliver technical presentations and demonstrate how the product meets customer needs
- Understand the customer’s business challenges while functioning as an advisor for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of GeoEdge solutions
- Introduce internally unique trends and challenges in Japan’s online advertising ecosystem
- Provide added value in building the message we would like to convey and tell the ‘GeoEdge’ story.
- Creating partnerships with strategic parties while overseeing GeoEdge’s marketing messaging and terminology in Japan
- 5+ years of either successfully selling SaaS products / B2B technological products in the Japanese market, or working for an SSP, publisher or media company in Japan
- Proven experience in a customer facing role - must!
- Excellent customer oriented individual, prioritizing and problem solver approach
- Excellent English & Japanese speaker with great written communication skills – must
- Strong Business and Sales orientation
- Ability to meet and exceed targets and expectations
- Ability to work remotely from Tokyo
- Ability to travel periodically as the job requires (once Covid restrictions are lifted)
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal and target oriented executor
- Strong communication skills and familiarity with the media buying jargon
- Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, pitching, negotiating, closing and renewing business
- Hands-on experience with Customer Success platforms (e.g. Totango, SalesForce, ) and project management\ technical platforms (e.g. Kibana, Jira) – advantage
- A strong desire to learn and adapt in an ever-changing industry
- Self-starter that desires to be a key contributor