Backend Team Lead
About The Position
Join us on our mission to make the internet a safer place!
GeoEdge is a cyber-security company in the Ad-Tech industry; we are the premier provider of ad security and verification solutions for anti-Malvertisement.
GeoEdge is looking for a razor-sharp Backend Tech Lead to join our R&D department in building innovative products – with the potential to influence the online experience for millions of users daily.
The Technical Lead of Backend Engineering will work closely with the product team and provide technical management for the backend team which includes code reviews, onboarding, training, general technical level improvement and architectural guidance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Effectively balance technical leadership and hands-on software engineering individual contributor responsibilities
- Work closely with the Product team and translate product requirements to technical specifications
- Directly drive backend technical projects and provide architectural and technical mentoring – code reviews, onboarding and training.
- Continually retrospect and drive innovation within the back-end development process to ensure our software engineers execute at the highest possible level
- Be an active member in designing the architecture of our existing and new developed services to support our constantly increasing scale
- Responsibility of end-to-end development and execution - from design to production
- Implementation of advanced data analytics ETL's and ML/AI algorithms
- Provide production support when needed
- B.Sc or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering or related
- At least 6 years of development experience with strong knowledge in at least two programming languages - Php, NodeJS, Java, Python.
- Experience with relational DBs like: MySql,PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
- Good experience with NoSQL technologies like: Redis, MongoDB, ELK stack and Hadoop/Spark, etc
- Experience with events frameworks like: Kafka and similar
- Experience with micro-services architecture
- Experience with at least one of the cloud providers - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience with scalable applications of millions of requests and above
- Agile methodologies experience and passion for technology
- CI/CD and containers experience – Advantage
- Experience with ML/AI - Advantage
- Experience in Kubernetes - Advantage